Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just a Revised, No Longer Quick Note:

We spent a day at the cottage with some friends and relatives recently. So, when I first wrote this post a few days ago after receiving these pictures from Jake (my son and fellow owner of the cottage, an avid fisherman), I thought that these darling kids (left and center) had been visiting the next door neighbors when we were at the cottage visiting our visiting relatives. (If you think that's confusing, you should be with me right now in my little brain trying to make all this make sense...) 

After all, what is now almost 2 weeks ago, I'd been hanging out with my sisters and nieces and nephews inside while the some of the men sat outside on the front porch chatting about manly things, going down to inspect the bridge and river, and watching the children play. With so much commotion going on that day, I wouldn't have known if they'd caught a hammerhead shark in the river. (But don't worry. There are no sharks in the river!)

Anyway, it was just a quick note written late at night; I didn't do my usual editing. I'm normally very careful about what I write. However, I can't be 100% responsible for what happens here on http://cottageonthenew.com/ after 10:45 pm... 

The cottage from the front yard, summer

This morning, Hubby Bill and I met the family who spent last week at the cottage; I realized that these were the children in the photo above. Now that I knew who they were, I decided that I must revise this post. I arrived home and went straight to my computer to do so. Hmmm...somehow, it sounded like these two children were my relatives...oops! I'd be proud to have them as family, mind you. But since they aren't, I have to correct my mistake and pronto, just for the record. 

It's official now: these two cuties were two of our guest children.

Looking up New River from the bridge this week.

As it turns out, Jake had gone to the cottage with my grandson on an errand during this past week (unbeknownst to me), and decided to go fishing with his son and our little guests. He took the pictures with his new fangled cell phone, and sent them right through the air and into my email. Amazing.

This morning, Bill and I were delighted to meet these kids, their sister and their mom as they were just preparing to leave for their next fun destination. What a precious family. While in the area, they went to Tweetsie Railroad twice (because if you go after three pm you get to return the next day for free?), made Indian headdresses, played Cowboys and Indians (Tweetsie style, I imagine) in the front yard, visited charming Todd General Store for hotdogs and icecream with everything on top, swam in the river, saw a small bear, collected 31 tiny live river snails and one dead crawdad, and swam some more. They enjoyed their visit so much that they said they will indeed come back again, maybe next time with their grandparents.
Getting back to my original post, I thought you'd enjoy seeing some pictures of my grandson and his new friends, with a fish they caught. As you can see, my little grandson is destined to be a fisherman, just like his dad. It's too dang cute. That's all I have to say. Scroll down for other posts that will tell you more about the cottage.
deber

No comments:

Post a Comment